This position develops new captive insurance programs and works with current clients in the coordination of the operation of existing captive programs and it requires prior experience in supporting captive insurance program development. The Consultant would assign and supervise the work of the Alternative Risk Analyst. The Consultant should possess the following skills:
- Understanding and application of rules and regulations governing captive insurance
- Conversant in multiple domicile advantages and disadvantages
- Good reputation with front companies, banks, auditors and actuarial firms involved in the captive insurance market
- Captive Insurance business company business plan preparation experience including pro forma financial preparation and analysis
- Ability to explain captive insurance concepts to non-insurance professionals
- Demonstrated ability to work a captive project from prospective interest to licensing and ongoing operations
The ideal candidate will possess excellent analytical, verbal and writing skills as well as proficiency in the use of spreadsheet and word processing software applications. The candidate should have at least a BS/BA degree in Business or Education with a post-graduate degree preferred. The candidate should also have an AIC designation from ICCIE. They should be available for up to 50% travel and have a current passport for international travel. Fluency in Spanish would be a plus.
This is a full time position that can be located anywhere in the US with a starting salary commensurate with experience.