Independent (indəˈpendənt) adj. Free from external control and constraint; able to provide unbiased advice or services
Our captive insurance consulting and management services deliver customized solutions to our clients’ risk financing challenges.
How do you know if a captive insurance company makes sense for your organization?
We bring your Captive or Risk Retention Groups to Life
Professional Accounting and Management Services for your Captive and Risk Retention Group
Business Plan Review
Business plans need regular reviews to improve efficiany and ensure continued relevancy
What our clients say
Since 1991 our staff has been perfecting their skills in the captive insurance arena. Our employees have worked for commercial insurance companies that fronted captive programs, for agencies that produced captives and as consultants creating and managing them. Our work has encompassed Pure Captives, Group Captive Programs and Risk Retention Groups.
Perhaps no other captive consulting and management organization is as well-prepared to provide customized services to its clients as Cedar Consulting LLC.
- True consulting services that inform clients about the advantages and disadvantages of a captive insurance program for them, not sales pitches.
- Partnerships with our client’s agents and brokers, never minimalizing their participation in the insurance program
- Ground up bespoke captive insurance programs that are never cookie cutter solutions
- Educated and professional captive management providers. Our entire staff either hold the Associate in Captive Insurance designation, are on faculty, or currently matriculated in the ICCIE educational program.
- Giving back to the captive insurance industry. Dennis is on the Board of Directors of VCIA and ICCIE and is a regular speaker at industry events.
Dennis Silvia participated as a panelist in the Captive Insurance Companies Association (CICA) International Conference in 2006. The following are audio excerpts from his presentation regarding Group Captive concepts.
(2.2 MB, mp3 format)
Choosing Your Partners
In “choosing your partners” Dennis discusses the importance of carefully selecting your support partners to insure the success of your captive.
(6.3 MB, mp3 format)
Segregated Cell Companies
Segregated Cell Companies have come of age and there are many creative uses for them beyond the scope of “financial protection.” In these excerpts, Dennis discusses some of those creative uses.
(2.2 MB, mp3 format)
There is nothing magic about the success of Captive Insurance Programs. In this excerpt Dennis discusses risk selection as the key to Group Captive success.
Dennis discusses how captive owners should be careful in setting up microcaptives, often known as 813(b) captives, or risk tax difficulties.
In an A.M. Best interview, Dennis discusses recent legislative changes in Cayman and Bermuda.
Dennis discusses how Bermuda’s introduction of incorporated cell captives demonstrates its ability to host the global insurers without losing relevance to smaller captive organizations.
Dennis discusses how Bermuda is breaking the mold among mature domiciles by showing a willingness to develop speedy new approaches for the introduction of new products and risk-focused technologies.